Your garage door can take up to 40% of the façade of your home. That is a big chunk! Garage doors, like anything else on a home, can get old and outdated. Dents, chips in the paint and wear and tear can lead you to consider upgrading your garage door. Now, upgrading for curb appeal and home value are a couple we have mentioned before. Yet there are 5 great reasons to upgrade your garage door that you may not have thought about.
Here are 5 great reasons you should consider upgrading your garage door:
- Adding windows will dramatically improve your garage lighting-Natural sunlight is an amazing addition to any part of your house and your garage is no exception. But upgrading your garage door to one with windows, you can cast a whole new look on your garage and even forego the need for artificial lighting much of the time. Garage door windows add both beauty and functionality.
- LED lighting upgrades-Many newer garage doors come with a variety of lighting options for both the inside and outside of your garage. LED lighting is incredibly bright and will help to add attractive lighting AND increased safety for you and your family at night.
- An upgraded garage door can lower your monthly bills-You may have never thought of your garage door as an aspect of your home that could save you money, but by installing an extra-insulated garage door, you can realize increased efficiency in your home’s heating and cooling systems thereby lowering your overall monthly energy costs.
- Control your garage door from your phone-Smart home technology is here and that includes your garage door. An upgraded garage door can be outfitted with the ability to be controlled by your smart phone or laptop to allow you and your family the ability to open and close the door from anywhere. An excellent feature for those that need to let in family members or repair workers at a time when you aren’t home.
- Backing up your door with batteries-In times past, if the power went out, you would have to open and close your garage door manually. A feat that is not always easily accomplished, especially by older folks or those with injuries or disabilities. Now, many newer garage door upgrades come with the ability to include a battery backup system to ensure your garage door will operate no matter if the electricity is working or not.
So, while you may have not given it a thought of some of these reasons before, hopefully, the list above will help in deciding when and why to do garage door upgrade for your home. When the time comes, consider Spectrum Overhead Door, LLC, your Houston garage door installation experts, for all your Houston garage door installation needs.
Our company believes in treating others the way that we would like to be treated. We achieve this by offering our customers in the Houston area clear and competitive pricing.
Contact Us About Your Garage Door Issues and Get a FREE Quote Today :